Moving magnet and moving coil phono preamplifier
Make the most of any turntable, including the most high-end audiophile models with this Moving Magnet & Moving Coil phono preamplifier.
There's something uniquely pleasurable about listening to vinyl, something that digital media can't reproduce in quite the same way. However most hi-fi amplifiers won't let you plug in a turntable directly. You need to connect via a phono stage (also known as a phono preamp) to make the very small signal from the turntable powerful enough for your main amp to work with. But it's very easy to add noise at this stage, which is why we have designed the 651P using premium components chosen for exceptional accuracy, amplifying the signal without distorting it or introducing noise.
Audio circuitry has been refined with multiple transistors wired in parallel ensuring the lowest possible distortion and noise. A copper shield provides further protection to this extremely sensitive part of the circuitry, limiting the noise that can be injected into the signal. This is especially important with a Moving Coil cartridge because its signal is even quieter and more delicate than Moving Magnet, so it needs even more amplification.
PREMIUM COMPONENTSHigh-spec multi-parallel capacitors achieve exceptional RIAA accuracy - the industry standard for reproducing vinyl recordings. While a highly accurate, subsonic filter removes the common problem of unwanted low-frequencies that are inaudible but can damage subwoofers.
- Max power consumptionMoving magnet (MM): 5W Moving coil (MC): 5W
- Gain @ 1kHzMM: 39dBMC: 55dB
- Input impedanceMM: 47 kOhmMC: 100 Ohm
- Input capacitanceMM: 220pFMC: 220pF
- Nominal outputMM: 300mVMC: 300mV
- Sensitivity for nominal outputMM: 3.35mVMC: 0.5mV
- Overload marginMM: >30dBMC: >30dB
- THD 20Hz - 20kHzMM: <0.005%MC: <0.002%
- RIAA curve accuracyMM: < +/-0.3dB 20Hz-50kHz (subsonic filter off)MC: < +/-0.3dB 20Hz-50kHz
- Signal to noise ratio (using Audio Precision RIAA-1 with grounded inputs)MM: >86dBMC: >72dB
- Crosstalk @ 20kHzMM: >83dBMC: >69dB
- ColourBlack or silver
- Dimensions (WxHxD)46 x 215 x 133mm (1.8 x 8.5 x 5.2'')
- Weight0.9Kg (2.0lbs)